Having a stomach parasite can be a scary thought, but parasites are far more common than you think. It’s a myth that parasites only exist in underdeveloped countries. Parasites can cause a myriad of symptoms, only a few of which are actually digestive in nature.
Over half of all Americans will be infected with an intestinal parasite at some point in their lives. Yet, many of us do not recognize the signs and symptoms of a parasite infection because they can occur weeks or even years after the initial infection, and because a parasitic infection often mimics other similar conditions.
A parasite is any organism that lives and feeds off of another organism. Parasites are tiny organisms, usually worms, that feed off of your nutrition.
Some examples of stomach parasites include roundworms, tapeworms, pinworms, whipworms, hookworms, and more. Because parasites come in so many different shapes and sizes, they can cause a very wide range of problems.
- Some consume your food, leaving you hungry after every meal and unable to gain weight. Others feed off of your red blood cells, causing anemia.
- Some lay eggs that can cause itching, irritability, and even insomnia.
If you have tried countless approaches to heal your gut and relieve your symptoms without any success, a parasite could be the underlying cause for many of your unexplained and unresolved symptoms.
Signs and Symptoms You May Have Stomach Parasites
- International travel and experienced traveler’s diarrhea
- History of food poisoning and your digestion has not been the same since
- Never feeling satisfied or full after a meal
- Weight loss
- Constipation, diarrhea, gas & bloating, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Joint and muscle aches
- Iron-deficiency anemia
- Skin conditions such as hives, rashes, rosacea or eczema
- Bruxism – the abnormal grinding, clenching, and gnashing of the teeth
- Fatigue, exhaustion, apathy, depression, difficulty concentrating, and impaired cognitive ability
- Sleep disorders such as trouble falling asleep, or waking up multiple times during the night
- Restlessness, nervousness, and anxiety
Currently, World Health Organization studies indicate that about 1/2 billion individuals are infected annually by stomach parasites like Ameba histolytica and about the same number are infected by Giardia and Cryptosporidium.
Oh my! ! ! What is a person to do????
If you think you have signs and symptoms of stomach parasites, the best way to test is by ordering a comprehensive stool analysis!
Comprehensive Stool Analysis x3
All of our parasite and other lab testing is done by nationally certified labs so you are assured the results are accurate. Test results are reviewed by our staff, who will then provide you with a personal protocol so you can know what is needed to support better health and wellness. Nutritionally Yours and gastrointestinaltest.com is here so you can overcome health challenges and get on with your life.
Our mission at Nutritionally Yours is to provide you with the necessary tools to identify the causes of your situation, and then guide you to nourish your body to obtain better overall health, wellness and longevity.
Hundreds of clients from the Atlanta, GA area and around the world work with Nutritionally Yours. Our programs of health awareness have been so successful that we made our testing available via the internet.
CALL TO ORDER A TEST KIT, OR MAKE AN IN OFFICE, SKYPE OR PHONE APPOINTMENT
Appointments are done in office, over the phone or via skype for people not able to visit our clinic. We are located in Roswell, GA, just 45 minutes north of Atlanta, GA.
Medical disclaimer: Testing cannot be used to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. All test results are to be used as educational materials and a guide to help support your overall health and wellness. Always discuss concerns with your medical doctor. Always review stool test results with your primary care doctor.
Palmer, Alane, Naturopath, CNC
by Alane Palmer, Naturopath, CNC